If we try and find the root causes of all forms of stress, we would find that both lazy and wrong thinking lie behind various stressful emotions. No one right from our childhood to when we are grown-ups puts this into our heads that we are each responsible for our own thoughts and feelings. Instead we are taught that others are responsible for what we think and feel. No one teaches us ‘how’ to think. We are taught ‘what’ to think in terms of knowledge of the world, but not how to shape our own thoughts and feelings.
In spirituality the self gets the required training to create positive and powerful thoughts, thoughts:
1. which are connected to true spiritual knowledge of the self,
2. which are beneficial to your own spiritual well-being,
3. that inject positive energy in the form of happiness, love and enthusiasm to those around you,
4. which are absolutely necessary in the context in which you find yourself,
5. which use all your subtle energies in an economical way,
6. which ensure that the result of any response you may create does not result in stress.
When no one teaches us that any mental or emotional discomfort comes from within our own consciousness, we also do not ever realize that any negative state of being is unnatural and a sign that our consciousness is ‘out of shape’. The above thought training helps us to return our consciousness to its true, natural and original shape.
~ with Clear Consciousness :)
~ Rajiv M